Hard Hat V-Gard® Non-Ventilated.
With V-Gard GREEN helmets, MSA continues its tradition of innovation. V-Gard GREEN is the world’s first protective helmet made of renewable resources. V-Gard GREEN: protecting more than your head.
V-Gard® GREEN Hard Hat
The world’s first hard hat made from renewable resources
V-Gard GREEN Hard Hats are made with renewable green high-density polyethylene (GHDPE), a biopolymer made from sugarcane-based ethanol. GHDPE is a renewable resource because sugarcane growth exceeds the rate of harvest.
Using this material results in the helmet shell having a biobased content of 95% based on USDA testing, all while still maintaining the comfort, durability, and protection of the MSA V-Gard Hard Hat. On average, the production of each V-Gard GREEN hard hat removes approximately 2 lbs. of CO2 from the atmosphere.
Features of the V-Gard GREEN include:
- Classification: Type I
- ANSI/ISEA Z89.1-2014 (Class E)
- CSA Z94.1-2015 (Class E)
- Third party by SEI
- USDA Biobased Certification
V-Gard GREEN Hard Hats can be customized with options including logos, stripes, and accessories.
- V-Gard GREEN helmets are produced from green high-density polyethylene (GHDPE), a biopolymer made from sugarcane-based ethanol. GHDPE is a renewable resource because sugarcane growth exceeds the rate of harvest.
- V-Gard GREEN, like traditional V-Gard helmets, are designed to stay out of landfills—both types of helmets can be recycled (“Number 2 Plastics” symbol).
- The V-Gard GREEN offers the added benefits of cutting carbon emissions and reducing atmospheric CO2 because it is made of plant-derived GHDPE.
Blue, White, Green, Red, Yellow